by Kimberly Williams, Event Planner | www.weddingsbythevine.com
There are numerous reasons to choose a vineyard as your wedding venue, and most of them are personal. It’s where you first met, it’s where you took your first long weekend, it was a beautiful day trip and it’s also a place that you remember as being very peaceful – you were happy!
There are numerous other reasons, but it usually comes back to the feelings you experienced while you were at the vineyard. Life seemed to slow down, if only for a few hours, and the surrounding natural vibe moved you so much that the decision to get married at a vineyard just felt right! Having a vineyard wedding is like a destination wedding in that you have a private, secluded, natural setting with the only difference being that you are still fairly close to home.
Even if you haven’t visited a vineyard, it could still be the perfect venue for your wedding. Ask yourself what type of space fits your personality, do you like the outdoors, is wine a part of your social gatherings with friends, do you like being surrounded by natural beauty? If you answered yes to any of these items, you may want to plan a vineyard day trip to explore your options.
Before making your venue decision though, keep the following questions in mind.
- Does the location complement you and your fiancé?
- Does the fee fall into your budget range and what does it include specifically?
- Does the vineyard have an on-site caterer?
- What beverages are allowed besides the vineyard’s wine?
- How many guests can the vineyard accommodate inside and out?
- Vineyard facilities – number of restrooms, parking spaces, is there enough work space for the vendors?
- Do they have a rain plan in place for outdoor ceremonies and receptions?
- How many hours are available the day before and the day of your wedding to prepare?
- Does the vineyard have noise restrictions in the area and do they have adequate space for dancing?
- Is there a discount for weekdays or Sundays?
- Is the entire vineyard open for photo opportunities?
- What beautiful views on the property will you be able to incorporate into your ceremony and reception?
- Are there other events scheduled at or near the vineyard at the same time as your wedding?
- Do they offer any on-site accommodations?
*This is research that you could do on your own or you could take advantage of the knowledge and experience of Weddings by the Vine. Assisting couples in finding the perfect vineyard that matches their personality, style and budget is one of our favorite packages and also saves them a lot of time and money!